Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday, May 13: All About Iran


Eric Umansky is getting really sick of hearing about how many times Afshin Molavi has been to Iran

Contestants: Eric Umansky and Afshin Molavi
Grade: C-
Link

Full disclosure, I only watched the first 15 minutes of this diavlog. You say: What an inauspicious beginning for your blog! I say: Deal wit it, son, I got things to do. My RealPlayer was acting up, and frankly, it couldn't have crapped out at a better time because this diavlog was doing nothing for me.

Eric Umansky has always rubbed me the wrong way and for the longest time I couldn't figure out why. He's smart, occasionally funny and amusingly unattractive... all the things I look for in a Blogginghead! And yet, there has always been something about him that makes me cringe. Today I figured it out: Eric Umansky looks exactly like an older version of a guy I went to high school with and absolutely loathed. They even share certain nauseating mannerisms which I shan't recount because I don't want to puke all over my keyboard. Sorry Eric, it's nothing personal, but if I ever meet you on the street I'll probably punch you in the face in a fit of misdirected rage.

Afshin Molavi was immaculately groomed, but annoyingly well-informed. I want my pundits to serve me up a healthy dose of shoddy guesswork, broad generalizations and arbitrary contrariness... not real actual first-hand knowledge about the mood of the people in Iran. I'd watch PBS if I was interested in that shit, loser.

Still, I give it a passing grade based on the assumption that it would have gotten better in the second half. You see that Afshin? It's called a baseless assumption. Learn it, live it, love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home